Each of us has the potential to impact a person, a cause, a community. You can be the one to make a difference.
Do you have a cause or organization that you care about but you're not quite sure how to turn your passion into action? For more than 35 years, the Community Foundation of Sarasota County has matched donors to the right causes, creating lasting impact.
Whether you want to feed the hungry, educate kids, look after animals, support the arts, revitalize neighborhoods, or protect our natural resources, we can be your partner and ensure your gifts go further.
We connect with other funders, nonprofits, the government and the School District to find effective solutions to our community's problems and stay alert to emerging issues and opportunities. And through a national network of community foundations, we can advise you about charities all over the country and around the world, and stay on top of best practices so that you can enjoy peace of mind.
Advantages of Partnering with the Community Foundation of Sarasota County
Gifts given during your lifetime or as a bequest after you are gone not only benefit your favorite charitable causes forever, but also offer you distinct advantages. Here are some of the special benefits of creating a fund with the Community Foundation.
- Flexibility: We provide a wide spectrum of charitable options that match your interests and priorities. Education, the arts, health and human services, animal welfare and the environment are all within your charitable reach.
- Recognition: Funds established in the names of donors or loved ones forge permanent connections with the community. Or donors may request anonymity and be assured that their wishes will be respected.
- Permanence: We oversee donors’ funds in perpetuity, making sure that they are used exactly as intended.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Thanks to the pooling of numerous funds, donors benefit from economies of scale for investment and administration.
- Tax Benefits: The Community Foundation is a public charity under Federal tax law; gifts made during a donor’s lifetime may result in important tax advantages. Bequests may be deductible for federal estate tax purposes.
- Professional Management: In addition to an experienced staff, the Community Foundation’s assets are invested by some of the nation’s most outstanding financial management firms. Investments are overseen by a separate volunteer committee of the Board, chosen for their experience in financial management.